Ukiah Valley Medical Centerwww.uvmc.org/site/index.php
Ukiah Valley Medical Center (UVMC) is part of the Northern California Network of Adventist Health, which includes two acute care facilities, two critical access hospitals and a center for behavioral health. UVMC is a 67-bed hospital with Level IV emergency services, three hospital-based outpatient clinics and is a center of excellence in rural health care with four rural health clinics. In addition, the medical center serves 122,000 people in the Northern California counties of Mendocino, Lake, Southern Humboldt, and Northern Sonoma with a JobCare occupational medicine clinic, advanced diagnostic imaging services with inpatient and outpatient diagnostic centers and three laboratory draw stations. Services also include 24-hour emergency care and trauma center, cardiac care, intensive care, maternity including a Level II Intensive Care Nursery, pediatrics, physical rehabilitation, rapid care, surgery, women’s services and advanced wound care.
In 2013, both inpatient and outpatient pulmonology and neurology care were new services provided by UVMC.
The four hospitals that comprise the Northern California Network are UVMC, St. Helena Hospital Napa Valley, St. Helena Hospital Clear Lake and Frank R. Howard Memorial Hospital. In 2013, UVMC had 3,844 admissions, 812 deliveries, 25,538 emergency visits and 108,437 outpatient visits. UVMC is staffed by more than 96 physicians, 568 employees and 39 volunteers.
Nestled in the Ukiah Valley, Ukiah is a mid-sized town surrounded by vineyards, pear orchards and redwood-covered hills. Ukiah's strong sense of community is clearly present in its numerous town celebrations, festivals and events, including the Ukiah Country PumpkinFest, which celebrates Ukiah's rich agricultural tradition each October. All sorts of recreational opportunities can be found at Lake Mendocino, just five miles from Ukiah, with over 100 family picnic sites, boat launching ramps, fishing, a swimming beach, hiking trails and much more. For entertainment, Ukiah boasts a number of theatrical companies. The Grace Hudson Museum makes for another entertaining diversion, featuring exhibitions of the works of artist Grace Hudson as well as local, regional and Californian Indian artists. Ukiah is located about 2 hours north of San Francisco and 1 hour from the Pacific Coast and redwood forests.
To learn more about our community, click here.
Internal Medicine PRMS Hospitalist Opportunity 2 Hours from San Francisco
- Emergency Medicine Emergency Medicine Opportunity with PRMG in Northern California
- Family Medicine Family Medicine Opportunity in Lakeport, CA
- Cardiology Immediate Need for Cardiologist in Lakeport, CA
- Pediatrics Pediatrician Opportunity North of San Francisco
Nurse Practitioner Advanced Provider (NP/PA) options available where the Redwoods meet the Vineyards in Ukiah, CA
- Obstetrics and Gynecology OB/GYN Opportunity where the Vineyards meet the Redwoods, 2 hours north of San Francisco
- Neurology Employed Neurology Opportunity, 2 hrs north of San Francisco
- Family Medicine Family Medicine Opportunities in Fort Bragg, CA
- Surgery, Orthopaedic Orthopaedic Surgery North of San Francisco
- Internal Medicine Employed, Outpatient Internal Medicine North of San Francisco