Ukiah Valley Medical Centerhttps://www.adventisthealth.org/ukiah-valley/
Ukiah Valley Medical Center (UVMC) is part of the Northern California Network of Adventist Health, which includes two acute care facilities, two critical access hospitals and a center for behavioral health. UVMC is a 67-bed hospital with Level IV emergency services, three hospital-based outpatient clinics and is a center of excellence in rural health care with four rural health clinics. In addition, the medical center serves 122,000 people in the Northern California counties of Mendocino, Lake, Southern Humboldt, and Northern Sonoma with a JobCare occupational medicine clinic, advanced diagnostic imaging services with inpatient and outpatient diagnostic centers and three laboratory draw stations. Services also include 24-hour emergency care and trauma center, cardiac care, intensive care, maternity including a Level II Intensive Care Nursery, pediatrics, physical rehabilitation, rapid care, surgery, women’s services and advanced wound care.
The four hospitals that comprise the Northern California Network are UVMC, St. Helena Hospital Napa Valley, St. Helena Hospital Clear Lake and Frank R. Howard Memorial Hospital. In 2014, UVMC had 3,707 admissions, 832 deliveries, 26,902 emergency visits and 87,927 outpatient visits. UVMC is staffed by more than 140 physicians, 771 employees and 29 volunteers.
In 2014, UVMC opened a new state-of-the-art Cancer Treatment and Infusion Center, as well as Fort Bragg Rural Health Center and the Mendocino Radiology Lab. The hospital was recognized with Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers by The Joint Commission in conjunction with the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association. UVMC was ranked as one
of the 33 high-performing hospitals in California for quality of maternity care services, according to the California Hospital Assessement and Reporting Taskforce.
Nestled in the Ukiah Valley, Ukiah is a mid-sized town surrounded by vineyards, pear orchards and redwood-covered hills. Ukiah's strong sense of community is clearly present in its numerous town celebrations, festivals and events, including the Ukiah Country PumpkinFest, which celebrates Ukiah's rich agricultural tradition each October. All sorts of recreational opportunities can be found at Lake Mendocino, just five miles from Ukiah, with over 100 family picnic sites, boat launching ramps, fishing, a swimming beach, hiking trails and much more. For entertainment, Ukiah boasts a number of theatrical companies. The Grace Hudson Museum makes for another entertaining diversion, featuring exhibitions of the works of artist Grace Hudson as well as local, regional and Californian Indian artists. Ukiah is located about 2 hours north of San Francisco and 1 hour from the Pacific Coast and redwood forests.
To learn more about our community, click here.
Nurse Practitioner Excellent Psychiatry Advanced Practitioner Opportunity in Northern California
- Endocrinology Endocrinologist Opportunity in Northern California
- Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Pulmonology Opportunity in Northern California
- LCSW LCSW Opportunity 2 Hours from San Francisco
- Psychiatry Excellent Psychiatry Opportunities in Northern California
Internal Medicine PRMS Hospitalist Opportunity 2 Hours from San Francisco
- Emergency Medicine Emergency Medicine Opportunity with PRMG in Northern California
- Family Medicine Family Medicine Opportunity in Lakeport, CA
- Cardiology Immediate Need for Cardiologist in Lakeport, CA
- Pediatrics Pediatrician Opportunity North of San Francisco
Nurse Practitioner Advanced Provider (NP/PA) options available where the Redwoods meet the Vineyards in Ukiah, CA
- Obstetrics and Gynecology OB/GYN Opportunity where the Vineyards meet the Redwoods, 2 hours north of San Francisco
- Neurology Employed Neurology Opportunity, 2 hrs north of San Francisco
- Surgery, Orthopaedic Orthopaedic Surgery North of San Francisco
- Internal Medicine Employed, Outpatient Internal Medicine North of San Francisco